Every one of us has a personality. And what is most important in the local church ministry is to understand that the church has a personality. Antelope Christian Center personality is based upon our mission and vision. Our mission is to see people seeking God become more like Jesus. Our energies and efforts compel us establish each program upon the fundamental foundation of this question: Are people becoming more like Jesus?
Antelope Christian Center is a church filled with people of all ages and backgrounds. We don’t all fit the same mold. God has created us all unique.
Jesus loved the lost. And our vision is to reach the lost through OUTREACH.
Antelope Christian Center has earned a reputation in recent years for its creative outreaches to the community. We’ve hidden Easter eggs on our church grounds, we’ve planted white crosses to remember victims of the Sept. 11th attacks, provided food for the needy and continued our community Fall Harvest Festival.
Jesus sought the will of the Father through devotional prayer time. Our vision includes the WORD and WORSHIP.
Our church is built on the premise that a local congregation should be focused around three central principles: the Word, Outreach, and Worship. The Word is the Bible. A book of life-changing truths that are as relevant today as they were thousands of years ago. Outreach is our way of expressing God’s love in practical, tangible events and ministries. Worship is our expression of love for God, most often done through times of singing in our regular services.
Jesus taught to go and make disciples. Our vision is to grow programs that are building disciples.
Each week, our various ministries and programs provide opportunities for you to meet other people and develop strong, God-centered friendships. These ministries and programs are geared toward all age groups, and include people from a wide range of backgrounds and traditions.
Growing, Serving and Celebrating.
What We Believe..
The Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments, are verbally inspired of God and are the revelation of God to man, the infallible, authoritative rule of faith and conduct. (2 Timothy 3:15-17)
One True God:
The one true God has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent
I AM, the Creator of heaven and earth, the Redeemer of mankind. He has further revealed Himself as embodying the principles of relationship and association as Father, Son and Holy Ghost. (Matthew 28:19)
The Lord Jesus Christ:
The Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God.
The Scriptures declare:
His virgin birth (Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:31, Luke 1:35)
His sinless life (Hebrews 7:26, 1 Peter 2:22)
His substitutionary work on the cross (1 Corinthians 15:3)
His bodily resurrection from the dead (Matthew 28:6)
His exaltation to the right hand of God (Acts 1:9)
The Holy Spirit:
All believers should expect and seek the promise of the Father, the Holy Spirit and His power, according to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ. With it comes the power for life, service and witnessing. Christ commands each of His disciples to receive the Holy Spirit to be empowered to evangelism and outreach. (Acts 1:8)
Tenets of Faith:
1. We Believe….The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
2. We Believe….There is only One True God – revealed in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (known as the Trinity).
3. We Believe…In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s Jesus was both human and divine.
4. We Believe…..though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin – ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
5. We Believe….Every Person can have Restored Fellowship with God through ‘Salvation’ (trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior).
6. We Believe….and practice two ordinances (1) Water Baptism by Immersion and repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
7. We Believe….the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing an effective service, just as it did in New Testament times.
8. We Believe…The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues’, as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
9. We Believe….Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christ like.
10. We Believe….The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
11. We Believe…A Divinely called and Scripturally ordained Leadership Ministry serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church and to meet human need with ministries of love and compassion.
12. We Believe….Devine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins).
13. We Believe….in The Blessed Hope – When Jesus Raptures his Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever.
14. We Believe….in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
15. We Believe….A Final Judgment will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
16. We Believe…and look forward to the perfect “new Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!’